Friday, March 22, 2013

worth it.

I had a slightly rough week. I even had extra help from my wonderful mother-in-law for more than half of it, and it was still. that. rough.

My lack of sleep played a role.
My child's lack of sleep (from waking and playing for two hours every to every-other night), and ensuing naughtiness played a role. {yes, Naughty, with a capital N! His strong will reallllllly shows when he's over-tired.}
My desire to be the best played a role.

But I think what did me in was two skipped days of Bible reading and a poor attitude. Not long ago if I read my Bible two days in a row, I'd call that grand. That's not good enough anymore. I've been reminded why. Finding time to sit at the feet of my Heavenly Father, to soak up His presence, to learn His love, is more than just worth it, it fills me. Like nothing else can. {And fixes that poor attitude, to boot!}

Two ensuing thoughts:
Keep up the Jesus time. Always worth it.
He still loves me and finds me worthy of His love. Even after every. single. fail.


{I have a much better attitude tonight and I feel quite terrible that I did not make my mom-in-law feel as welcome as she truly was (or maybe it's just me that's feeling that way). I love her very much and am so thankful that I can so want her to come stay with us, and spend time with me. I am so thankful that she was here this week, especially. I think I may not have made it through, otherwise! ;)}

No comments :

Post a Comment