Thursday, June 28, 2012

First {Football} Birthday Party!

Summary of the day. Joy, fun, love. Success.


[Lots of photos ahead, fyi!]

I'm so excited to finally post about Jordan's first birthday party! I had so much fun putting it all together! Everything was DIY, and I feel like I did well :-) {Kudos and thanks to my mom for helping a bunch, and for my Klein family for making pom poms & helping decorate!}

It was a whirlwind of a weekend, and we were so excited to be able to have lots of family at Jordan's party. (Even more were there for his dedication at church the day before!) Both sets of parents, Josh's grandparents on his mom's side, his sister and his cousin were all there to share with us along with some very close friends. It was a joyous time; Jordan totally had fun, that was my goal!

We made: a banner, growth "chart", pom-poms, foam fingers, a party hat and football cakes.


The hardest part (after deciding on a theme!) was deciding what to make the cakes out of. We finally decided on just using regular cake mixes and milk in the main cakes & frostings, and that Jordan and I would just not eat those cakes (still can't tolerate dairy or soy proteins...) I also didn't want that major sugar overload for my baby who has had itsy bitsy amounts of sugar in his short lifetime. Finally decided on banana bread for his cake, and sugary buttercream frosting for the frosting!

Decor:
One of the few pictures I have of me working :-)

Growth over his first year
Yummy football cakes!
Party hat.


The Party:
Coaxing him to open gifts. He's interested in his friend.
Opening presents!
Sitting in a box while opening presents is MUCH more fun :)
Joy-filled boy.
Pleasing mama for 2 seconds :)
"Why are you people all singing?!?!"
"You blew out my candle, mom :("
Very unsure.
After some convincing by mommy & daddy, he dug in....
This is him, unsure how much more he can take in :)
Everyone else ate cake, then we played, and played, and played.
This is how he felt about going home.

No comments :

Post a Comment