Thursday, June 28, 2012

One Year Young!

It's been over a week since  Jordan's first birthday party. That's right, he's... ONE! Whoa. Yeah, we're basically in denial, still!

He has grown and changed soooo much in one year, I don't even want to think about the fact that that is going to happen over and over again. Josh and I watched a video last night "Birth to twelve years in 2 minutes and 45 seconds." Josh said, "That is what it is really going feel like isn't it?" Probably.

The fun (and scary?) thing now is that his changes are becoming so much more drastic and quick!

The last 3-4 weeks have been a whirlwind of changes and growth. The most important one- going from spurts of steps to truly walking, everywhere!! It's rare to see him crawl now. When did that happen?! He loves words, of course, and recognizes so many more these days, and his vocab is growing, too! His favorite is "bye," which he now uses appropriately with people, toys, and food. It's also accompanied by a cute little opening and closing of the hand instead of an arm flail now. Second favorite is light, or "ight." He can be instantly distracted by the turning on or off of a light.

He comes when you ask him to, sits when you ask him to, puts his paci away when you ask him to, and even snuggles if you ask (most of the time!).

Sometimes I really miss him being so little. I miss the tiny-ness the most. Josh does, too. I was missing the special snuggles a lot, but he sure has become very snuggly again lately, too! Only at night, but I'll take it.

It's so fun to watch him grow and change, though. To watch his mind work as he attempts, and even succeeds! at figuring new things out. I've definitely learned to slow down and enjoy those moments. This first year has gone so fast, and I don't want to take any of those moments for granted.

Here are some of my favorite comparisons, showing his changes from the beginning to 1 year! (Click here to see his birthday party post :))




2 comments :

  1. Got your question about the menu board pockets falling off the glass when they are hot glued! I too am having that problem-- I've tried using duct tape but even that falls off eventually. Sorry to say I don't have a great solution. I was considering removing the glass from the frame and attaching the pockets directly to the paper but I'm afraid that will eventually wear out too. Sorry. Let me know if you come up with something!

    ReplyDelete
  2. (Sorry to keep posting on unrelated blog posts-- maybe we should exchange emails? mine is dickson.cg@gmail.com if you want to chat further.)

    Anyway, I love the velcro idea and I will try that. The other menu board you shared is really well organized, though I hope to be able to keep having the cards right on the board.

    I have been thinking too that perhaps my menu cards are too heavy as they are each two pieces of cardstock thick and laminated. I might make new cards and handwrite front and back on a single sheet and not laminate them this time-- i think the advantages will be that they are lighter and can be easily altered if necessary (forgot an ingredient on the back or want to change the side dish or whatever.)

    Thanks for your help on this and I hope you have good success with your menu board!

    ReplyDelete