Thursday, October 2, 2014

the beginning of a new season

Well, since I missed catching you all up on life for the the entire summer via blog, it's time to review the last few months in pictures as well as (more officially?) share the news that we've entered a another new season in our lives.

Long story short - Josh is now the youth pastor at Evangelical Bible Church here in Omaha. He will also eventually switch off with the current worship pastor to lead worship at a multi-site. It's been an interesting half a year since a friend basically said, "Hey, I think Josh would fill this church position I know of for youth pastor/worship leader well!" And we basically said, "Hmmm, no."

God definitely had a different plan, and made it super clear to us along the way. When we said no, when we drug our feet, and when we jumped in with both feet - He showed us time and time again He was calling us to a change we hadn't anticipated!

It's weird because on the surface, not a lot has changed - we still live in the same house in the same neighborhood, I have the same job. We don't even have to drive much further to church as EBC is about 2 miles, or 6 minutes, further from our house than Benson Baptist. But, so much has changed. I don't think it has all sunk in yet, especially for me. Josh is in his new office around his new staff and new youth groups all week. I'm thankful for the opportunities I've had to plug in already, and look forward to more as we dive into this new season of our lives! 

We are so grateful for the outpouring of love and support we received from both churches as they sought to make the transition go well. If you want to know more about any of this area, shoot me an email or leave me a comment - I could go on and on, but I'm going to just leave it at that for now!


We didn't have an overly full summer, but it sure was constantly busy. Our biggies: Josh's last Music and Drama (MAD) Camp with BBC at Camp Moses Merrill, Jordan turned 3, we had all of Josh's family together at his mom's parents in Kansas City over the 4th, Jordan started to really ride his strider bike (I'm counting it a biggie!), and Josh led his last mission trip with BBC youth when they headed to Costa Rica the first week of August. 

We rounded it out with family time, house projects, some stay-cacation time in-between jobs, the last week of August, before Josh officially started on at EBC the first week of September, and I started homeschool preschool with Jordan and the boys I nanny.

{Jordan loves, and I mean LOVES school. He loves that "ee do homeschool, and mommy is my teacher!" And he is like Josh in that he just soaks in information and can relay it well. I especially love listening to him recite Bible verses! Here's his first one on video - need to record others since! He likes that can sight read a few words, and has most his letter sounds down.}


And, of course, on to pictures :) {I know not everyone loves to stare at our kid as much as we do - so enjoy if you want, but I know it's mostly for grandparents and documenting purposes :)}

Click Here for Birthday post!

June, July, August, September slideshows below! (Click arrows in upper right corner for full screen.)
*I'm now seeing that the site I used limited each of these slideshows to 15 pictures, and I had 24-25 in each - boo!! Will try to fix.*



July 2014


August 2014


September 2014




Jordan has been growing and changing a lot.
  • He loves swimming, and every time we swam this summer he got better at using his body to to "swim." I wish we could've gone more!
  • He is so intrigued by learning and school, and was so excited to start school. He hangs in with us for most of it, and is definitely doing great in the area of Bible memory verses!
  • The stories he has his toys play out are getting more elaborate, and he is getting so that his duplo creations look somewhat like what he says they are, and are more structurally sound ;) He loves legos, but they can be tough for 3-yr-old fingers!
  • We still snuggle (at nannying) and rock (at home) before nap almost every day. I cherish holding him, and he does go to sleep without it, even asking to not at times, but I don't know when he'll be done snuggling completely, or if future children will snuggle at all, so I'm holding tight right now :)
  • We are much nearer to being fully potty trained than ever before ;)

No comments :

Post a Comment